CLEVELAND — When is it too early to set up for the holiday season?
RELATED: More holidays coverage from WKYC
Over time, early decorating and preparation for Christmas has become earlier each year, but still, many debate on whether Christmas decorations should go up after Halloween or after Thanksgiving.
Many stores across the country begin carrying Christmas decorations prior to Halloween, which gives consumers an incentive to get their decorations up early.
As November kicked off today, Walt Disney World began to put up their Christmas decorations. Guests who visit the park in Orlando, Florida, will get into the Christmas spirit early, only a day after the park’s Halloween festivities ended.
In the pop culture world, Mariah Carey, who is known for her famous version of “All I Want for Christmas Is You,” poked fun at the holiday season beginning today. On Carey’s Instagram account, she posted a teaser video featuring her popular holiday song.
What do you think? Should people wait until Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas, or is it acceptable to decorate now? Let us know on WKYC’s social media platforms.
More holiday coverage from WKYC:
- Christmas Connection returning to I-X Center this November
- Wild Winter Lights returns to Cleveland Zoo for 2021 holiday season with drive-through option
- United Airlines to expand service at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport to meet expected surge in holiday travel
- CDC releases holiday gathering advice amid COVID-19 concerns
- Tickets go on sale tomorrow for Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad's North Pole Adventure ride
- Target kicking off holiday shopping season early with 'Deal Days' return