CLEVELAND — There are certain foods that have pretty intense cult followings and fan bases. There are hot sauce people who are really into hot sauce, and some bacon people take it to a level that’s borderline psychotic.
But this weekend in Cleveland, it’s all about the Pickle People.
The third annual Cleveland Pickle Fest is this Saturday, and according to these Pickle Fest Party Planner Pickle People, it'll be poppin'.
The Pickle People pointed out That they don't plan to pocket all the proceeds from the Pickle Profits. Rather, proceeds benefit Greater Cleveland Volunteers, a particularly passionate group that recruits volunteers ages 18 and up to serve at more than 100 local nonprofit organizations in Cuyahoga County.
According to the Pickle People, "Pickle Tossing" is a popular pastime at Pickle Fest. After some playful prodding I participated.
So if you're a passionate Pickle Patron in pursuit of the perfect pickle party, these people propose you proceed promptly to Pickle Fest, pretty please.
More from Mike Polk Jr.:
- Zoo Facts! Fun trivia you may not know about The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
- Clear The Shelters: Mike Polk Jr. checks out Herps Alive reptile rescue
- 122 years of The Feast of the Assumption: Mike Polk Jr. looks at highlights from then and now
- Mike Polk Jr. has some thoughts on the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics
- Meet Lyndhurst's Diane Friedman, a 100-year-old track and field star
- The Mike Polk Sr., Mike Polk Jr., Bernie Kosar photo reenactment project, 30 years later
- Mike Polk Jr. on the new Cleveland Guardians
NOTE: The video below is from Pickle Fest 2019: