SUMMIT COUNTY, Ohio — As the class of 2020 approaches graduation, the community is stepping up to make sure the students at Springfield High School feel extra special.
A Facebook group – “Adopt a Spartan Senior 2020 Project” – is helping celebrate the graduates by showering them with “some extra love.” People in the group “adopt” a senior and help lift their spirits with a special gift.
“Send them a letter, gift, gift card, snack, anything to warm their hearts and cheer them up during this hard time," the group explains.
Here’s how it works…
“One post per graduate (your daughter/son). Start your post with ‘Not Adopted’ then share a few things about your senior and post a few of your favorite picture's. Once your son/daughter is adopted by another, edit your post to remove ‘Not Adopted.’ There are no limits for adopting!! Search for ‘Not Adopted’ to find seniors that have not yet been adopted. All negativity and negative posts will be deleted. Be nice and have fun!!!!!”
Many are posting pictures of their “adopted” senior in the group to share their gratitude for the kindness.
Way to go seniors! You did it! We're so proud of you!
- RELATED: Senior Shout-Outs: Send us a photo of your graduating senior to honor the class of 2020
- RELATED: Parents & students trying to cope with education changes amid COVID-19 pandemic
- RELATED: Schools across Northeast Ohio light up their stadiums in honor of the Class of 2020
- RELATED: Is Ohio ready to reopen? Democrats raise safety concerns in letter to Gov. Mike DeWine
- RELATED: Sign up: 3News coronavirus e-mail newsletter