VALLEY VIEW, Ohio — Editor's note: the video in the player above is from a previous story.
The Cuyahoga County Animal Shelter is reducing normal dog adoption fees from $95 to $45 from Friday, May 20, 2022 through Sunday, May 22, 2022.
The reduced adoption fee is through a partnership with Bounty Paper Towels and Best Friends Animal Society.
All available dogs available at the county shelter will be spayed or neutered prior to adoption. The dogs will have a 2022 license, rabies vaccination and tag and microchip.
"CCAS is experiencing a higher influx of dogs this spring, with slower adoptions," said Animal Shelter Administrator Mindy Naticchioni. "We have so many amazing dogs looking for homes! We are committed to finding loving families and are so thankful to Bounty Paper Towels and the Best Friends Animal Society for helping make it more affordable for people to adopt."
For every pet that gets adopted from the shelter, two lives are saved: the pet that goes to a home and the one who now has space to come to the Cuyahoga County Animal Shelter.
The Cuyahoga County Animal Shelter is open to the public Friday and Saturday from 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pets that are available for adoption can be viewed at https://www.cuyahogadogs.com. The shelter is located at 9500 Sweet Valley Dr., Valley View, Ohio 44125.
More pets coverage from WKYC:
- 'Bunny saved my life for sure': Former shelter dog comes to rescue of owner in Stark County
- Dog trainer rescues 35 German Shepherds from Ukraine
- Lost pet? The expert advice that can help bring them home: Ready Pet GO!
- Battleground Park halts trail access for dogs because owners aren't picking up poop
- Arlo, A former Garfield Heights Police Department K-9 who gained fame with Bible picture, passes away
- Looking for a new pet? Ask these questions first: Ready Pet GO!