PARMA, Ohio — Update:
The City of Parma Police Department posted on their Facebook page that both of the female suspects are in custody and that the stolen dog has been recovered safely.
The female suspects have been identified as Jessica B. Kaim and Kaylee N. Mack. They have both been charged with Theft and Criminal Trespass.
The owner of the dog, identified as Jennifer Gaudreau, has been cited for Abuse of Animals for the mistreatment of the dog.
The Parma Police Department is asking for help from the public after a dog was stolen from a resident's backyard.
Parma Police officials shared on Facebook that two females were seen stealing an Australian Shepherd dog from a backyard.
The incident happened on Thursday, Sept. 8, on Grovewood Avenue at around 5:15 p.m. in Parma.
The suspect is described as a skinny female with blue hair and glasses, wearing a black and white hoodie, black leggings, and a white winter hat.
Anyone with information on the situation is asked to contact patrol officer Brad Sala at 440-887-7373, ext 8512.
- Biden makes 'firm rebuke' of Russia in UN remarks
- Thousands of runners to return to Summit County for 20th Akron Marathon Race Series
- Warrensville Heights officials searching for missing teenage girl
- Bond set at $5,000 for East Cleveland Police Chief Scott Gardner
- Fire crews responding to incident at BP refinery in Oregon, Ohio Tuesday
- Mega Millions lottery drawing for September 20, 2022: See all the winning prizes sold in Ohio
- Ohio Statehouse Republicans introduce bill that would force schools to tell parents about 'sexually explicit content'
- 3-year-old suffers fatal self-inflicted gunshot at apartment complex in Warrensville Heights
- Greater Cleveland Foodbank hosting mobile pantries at select Cuyahoga County libraries