PARMA, Ohio — EDITOR'S NOTE: The video above previously aired on 3News on June 18, 2022.
The Parma Police Department says a 9-month-old female Yorkshire puppy that was stolen from a Petland store on June 17 has been recovered.
Police provided an update Tuesday morning to say the puppy was retrieved unharmed on Monday evening and returned to the store.
The suspect has been identified as a 26-year-old man from Cleveland. He's been cited and released with a June 29 court date in Parma Municipal Court.
The incident occurred at Petland in Parma, located on 7651 West Ridgewood Drive, at around 2:15 p.m. that day.
According to the Parma Police Department, the male suspect was spending time with the puppy at Petland prior to him fleeing on foot with the puppy.
The puppy was listed for sale at Petland for $4,899.
- 1 firefighter dead after Philadelphia building collapse
- Great-grandson of former Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson being held on a $1.25 million dollar bond
- NBA, city leaders dedicate historical marker at site of famous 1967 Cleveland Summit
- Canton man will avoid death penalty in 2020 killings of Akron father, daughter
- Multiple-robbery suspect surrenders to US Marshals after 3-hour standoff in Cleveland
- Medina County officials cancel Missing Adult Alert for missing 71-year-old woman