CANTON, Ohio — The Stark County Sheriff's Office is partnering with two local non-profits to celebrate October being "Adopt a Shelter Dog Month."
The sheriff's department along with Pawsitive Ohio and the Friends of the Stark Pound have joined together to lower dog adoption fees at the Stark County Dog Warden's Office to $49 -- that's over a 50% discount off the regular adoption fee!
Adopters during the entire month of October will also get a $25 gift card for pet supplies and two 30-minute dog training sessions with local trainer Cosmic K9. Dog license, vaccines, microchipping, spay/neuter and heartworm testing are all included in the adoption fee.
Adopters do NOT have to live in Stark County!
The dog warden reminds Stark County residents that if your dog goes missing, please call the shelter at 330-451-2343. When stray dogs arrive at the warden's office, they are put on hold for 72 hours in hopes that their owner claim them. If not claimed, they go up for adoption at the shelter on Mahoning Road in Canton.
To view dogs available at the Stark County Dog Warden's Office, please check petfinder.com.
More pets coverage from WKYC:
- Meet 'super dog' Van Zant: Ready Pet GO!
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to Hurricane Ian evacuees: 'Don't leave your pets behind'
- Australian Shepherd dog stolen from Parma recovered safely
- JAY DIY: Finishing a fence for Stephanie Haney & Mike Polk Jr.'s pup Oscar Wilde
- Dogged determination: as U.S. tracks close, greyhound rescue sets sights on retired racers overseas
- Dog found months after going missing in Colorado wilderness