CLEVELAND — Editor's note: Video at the top of this story was originally published in an unrelated Thanksgiving article on Oct. 28, 2021.
Giant Eagle has announced Wednesday that all of their stores and GetGo locations will be closed on Thanksgiving this year “to give Team Members the opportunity to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with their families.”
The closure also includes the company’s transportation and retail support centers. All Giant Eagle stores and GetGo locations will resume normal operating hours on Friday, Nov. 26.
“Our Team Members have been working tirelessly to provide a safe shopping environment for our guests while ensuring access to essential food, fuel and medicines,” said Giant Eagle Spokesperson Jannah Jablonowski. “We cannot thank them enough for the dedication they have shown day in and day out. Our decision to close on Thanksgiving will allow all of our Team Members time to rest, recharge and enjoy the holiday with their families.”
The company is encouraging their shoppers to plan for their holiday fuel and grocery needs in advance
Thanksgiving this year falls on Thursday, Nov. 25.
- RELATED: Higher food prices raise the cost of Thanksgiving dinner
- RELATED: When do you put up your Christmas decorations? Now or after Thanksgiving?
- RELATED: When to watch Rudolph, Frosty and 'Charlie Brown Christmas' on TV, streaming this year
- RELATED: Macy's 95th annual Thanksgiving Day Parade is near, and with Baby Yoda
- RELATED: Here's where you can buy a real tree for Christmas in Northeast Ohio: GO-HIO