CLEVELAND — Don’t let the fact that it’s Friday the 13th scare you… There are plenty of reasons to smile today because it’s officially World Kindness Day!
Early Friday morning, the 3News morning team hosted a special conversation on social media about World Kindness Day. During the discussion, several viewers shared with us how they are celebrating.
- Charles Jones II: “For my World Kindness, I randomly pay for people’s breakfast or pay for gas for people. I do this every week.”
- Charmae Stamper Cottom: “For my World Kindness, I am collecting socks for the homeless. Sock it to Me! I have collected almost 3000 pairs since July and delivered socks to shelters in five Ohio counties!”
- Cinnamon K. Carswell: “I'm so excited about World Kindness Day! My new nonprofit, Time For a Change Community Diaper Bank will be giving a family a 3 month supply of diapers.”
How are you celebrating World Kindness Day? Have you been on the receiving end of some unexpected kindness that you’ll never forget? Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter to let us know! You can also text us your story at 216-344-3300. Remember, that’s a text line only.
Need some motivation? RandomActsOfKindness.org lists the following seven ways to make kindness part of your daily life:
- Send an uplifting text to a friend or family member.
- Let that guy merge into traffic with a wave and a smile.
- Include intentional moments of kindness, laughter and delight in your daily routine.
- Go slightly outside of our comfort zone at least once a day to make someone smile.
- Share a compliment with a co-worker or friend.
- Reach out to a family member you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Treat someone to a cup of coffee (a friend, stranger, or even yourself).”