CLEVELAND -- Now's the time to say “yes, way” to some rosé.
After all, it is National Wine Day.
And based on consumption, it may be a cause for celebration for many across the country.
The United States guzzled more than 890 million gallons of wine in 2014, according to industry association group The Wine Institute.
And as Food and Wine magazine points out, there are some well-documented health benefits to moderate wine consumption, including potentially lowering the risk of heart disease and strokes.
Need even more reason to celebrate? Take a look at five of the best places (based on users’ Yelp reviews) to snag a glass of a wine in the Cleveland area.
1. Market Avenue Wine Bar, 2521 Market Ave, Ohio City: 4.5 stars
- "This is definitely the best wine list I've seen so far in the CLE,” Yelp user Alicia wrote in her review. “And while I may be just be getting into wine (so therefore may be untrustworthy!) I did see quite a few bottles on their list considered harder to find. Lots of great bottles in the lower and mid price ranges, which is nice. So many places jump from $30 to $300.”
2. La Cave du Vin, 2785 Euclid Heights Blvd., Cleveland Heights: 4.5 stars
- "The place has a wine cellar atmosphere, dark, laid back, plethora of beers, wines and liquors,” reviewer Steve wrote. “Last time I was here ‘The Goonies’ was playing on the projector screen.”
3. Press Wine Bar, 2221 Professor Ave., Tremont: 3.5 stars
- "The wine selection was vast, and the "wine on tap" option was interesting,” said user Kaity.
4. Toast, 1365 W 65th St., Detroit-Shoreway: 4 stars
- "I've been here a few times and have never been disappointed,” wrote Yelp reviewer Kaitlin.
5. Bin216, 1515 Euclid Ave., downtown: 4 stars
- "We got pretty generous pours so the wine was a good value,” said Yelp user Shayla.