FREDERICKSBURG, Ohio — The Ohio Department of Agriculture announced Wednesday that Mrs. Miller's Homemade Jams in Fredericksburg is voluntarily recalling its Smokey BBQ Bacon Jam and Spicy Chili Bacon Jam packaged in nine-ounce glass jars.
The company is recalling the jam due to undeclared soy allergens found in the Worcestershire Sauce and Hickory Smoke ingredients used in the two jams.
The recall is due to the ingredient label not stating a soy allergen.
The jams being voluntarily recalled were for sale from April 1, 2019, through May 5, 2022, online and at these distributors and stores:
- Ashery Country Store: 8922 State Route 241, Fredericksburg, Ohio
- Mrs. Miller's Homemade Noodles: 9140 CR 192 Fredericksburg, Ohio
- Cracklin Pig Roasters, PO Box 450, Berlin, Ohio
- Hillside Orchard, PO Box 281 Hinckley, Ohio
- Kountry Kin Crafts, 902 Planning Mill St., Ohio
- German Village, P:O Box 223, Berlin Ohio
- Amish Originals, 8 N. State St., Westerville, Ohio
- Hershberger's Farm Market, 5452 State Route 557, Millersburg, Ohio
- Bunker Hill Cheese, 6005 County Road 77, Millersburg, Ohio
- Chuck Lager, 4500 New Linden Hall Rd., Pike Creek Del.
- Steiner's Furniture, LLC 10722 NW Grand Ave. Sun City, Ariz.
- Doak Distributing, LLC Elmira, Mich
- Maria Sobas, 2461 Timbers Edge Ln., Columbus, Ohio
- Bork Farms, 537 Neal Rd., Homer City, Pa.
- Anne's Mercantile, 3825 N. Cramer St., Shorewood, Wis. 53211
- Burton Farms General Store. 425 Conover Blvd W., Conover N.C.
- Marie Bakers Gift Shop, PO Box 75 Longville, Minn.
- Kidd's Quality Merchandise. 849 Midway Road Alum Creek, W. Va.
- Orchard Farm Stand, 3350 NE Catawba Rd., Port Clinton, Ohio
- The Pantry, 2122 US 92 Auburndale, Fla.
- Garden Market, 4660 HWY 119 Montevallo, Ala.
- Floyd's on 60, 5830 Davis Creek Rd., Barboursville, W. Va.
- Nagel Farm Stand, 39491 Parson's Rd., Grafton, Ohio
- Farmers Meats and Deli, 12062 Winfield Rd., Winfield W. Va.
- Cambridge True Value, 115 North Ashland St., Cambridge, Minn.
- New Creation Farm, 12126 Clark Rd., Chardon, Ohio
- J&J Sales, 5770 Spring Gorve Dr. Solon, Ohio
- Streb's General Store, 4369 OH-39, Millersburg, Ohio
- B & S Meat Packaging, 1007 Heber Springs Rd., Batesville, Ark.
- Amish & Sofa City Outlet, 3383 Hickory Blvd., Hudson, N.C.
- Bay 15, 115 N. Ashland St., Cambridge, Minn.
- Bargain Depot, 18417 Swan Lake Dr., Lutz, Fla.
- Stirgwolt and Associates, 2439 Coltsbridge Dr., Lewis Center, Ohio
- Beekers General Store, 226 E. Front St., PO Box 273 Pemberville, Ohio
- Mountainside Exchange, 1325 Washington St., Clarkesville, Ga.
- Jabella's Roadside Market, PO Box 133 Wilmot, Ohio
- Nana's Crackers and Pretzels, La.
- Walnut Creek Foods, PO Box 240 Walnut Creek, Ohio
- Miller's Farm Market, 7396 US Hwy 97, Peshastin, Wash.
- Quiet Harmony Ranch, 10684 Morrison Mikesell Rd., New Paris Ohio
The issue was discovered during a routine inspection conducted by the Ohio Department of Agriculture. There have been no reports of illness involving this recall.
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy could risk severe or life-threatening allergic reactions if they eat the jam involved in the voluntary recall.
Customers with a soy allergen or sensitivity who have purchased the affected product should throw it away and contact Mrs. Miller's Homemade Jam for a replacement jar. Consumers with questions regarding this recall can contact Mrs. Miller's Homemade Jam at email@example.com.
EDITOR'S NOTE: The video above aired on 3News on May 11, and is unrelated.