CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating today after two people were shot late Thursday night.
According to officials, the incident happened around 11 p.m. in the area of East 149th Street and St Clair Avenue. Police tell 3News that both a male and female were shot and that a preliminary investigation showed that the victims traveled to a nearby Cleveland Fire Department station after the incident for help.
Both the man and woman were transported to University Hospitals for treatment. The female was later pronounced dead.
The matter remains under investigation by detectives with the Cleveland Division of Police. No other information is available at this time.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates as we receive them.
MORE HEADLINES FROM AROUND NORTHEAST OHIO:
- RELATED: 20-year-old to be sentenced after pleading guilty to attempting to blow up Cuyahoga Heights High School
- RELATED: Cleveland, Akron Goodwill stores and donation centers closed today following
- RELATED: Cleveland Clinic delaying nonessential surgeries that require a hospital bed from Dec. 8-17
- RELATED: Ohio Supreme Court takes up legislative redistricting this week
- RELATED: Gormley's Pub in Rocky River pours rare $45K Irish whiskey, raises money for Malachi House
- RELATED: Maple Heights Mayor Annette Blackwell to run for Cuyahoga County Executive