CLEVELAND — Police are investigating following a slew of shootings that left 11 people injured over a roughly 11-hour period in Cleveland.
The first incident occurred around 3:30 p.m. Thursday on the city's east side, while the last happened just after 2 a.m. Friday further west. No fatalities have been reported at this time, but several victims were taken to the hospital.
Among the victims was a pregnant woman, who was shot in the stomach just before 1 a.m. near East 110th Street and Crestwood Avenue. Witnesses say she was sitting in a vehicle when someone pulled up in another and fired at her, and she was taken to University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center. The conditions of her and her unborn child are unknown.
Just over an hour before, a 15-year-old boy was shot in the head on the 7200 block of Carson Avenue. He was taken by ambulance to Fairview Hospital also in an unknown condition, and no suspect information has been released.
Here's a timeline of the other shootings that took place:
- 3:29 p.m.: A 49-year-old man was shot in the lip near East 123rd Street and Lenacrave Avenue; taken to Cleveland Clinic - Marymount Hospital by private auto
- 4:35 p.m.: A 60-year-old man was shot in the back near East 78th Street and Finney Avenue and taken by EMS to MetroHealth Medical Center; suspect fled in red vehicle
- Between 6 & 8 p.m.: A 31-year-old man was shot in the hand on the 3100 block of West 56th Street; taken by EMS to Metro
- 8:06 p.m.: A 44-year-old woman was grazed in the leg by a bullet on the 12700 block of Burlington Avenue
- 10:38 p.m.: A 53-year-old man was shot in the hand on the 4500 block of West 145th Street; taken by EMS to Fairview Hospital
- 12:42 a.m.: A 24-year-old man was shot in the leg on the 1700 block of Hillview Road and taken by EMS to UH; suspect fled in black Hyundai with tinted windows
- 1:44 a.m.: A 23-year-old man was shot in the leg on the 3300 block of East 66th Street; taken to MHM
- 2:08 a.m.: A man was shot in the knee near East 140th Street and Harvard Avenue; drove self to Metro
- 2:08 a.m.: A man was shot in the back of the right knee near West 140th Street; taken to Metro by private auto
In addition, a 5-year-old boy was not shot but was scratched by glass after shots were fired into a home on the 4200 block of West 21st Street around 12:34 p.m. Thursday. Officers also dealt with two fatal crashes and two fatal overdoses in the last 24 hours, along with a SWAT situation that saw a man arrested "without incident" on the 4700 block of Franklin Boulevard just after 7 p.m.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents is urged to call the Cleveland Division of Police at (216) 621-1234.