CLEVELAND — EDITOR'S NOTE: The video above is from a previous story
An 11-year-old boy is currently in the hospital after being shot on Cleveland's southeast side late Friday night.
Police say the child was shot in the stomach while inside his house on the 7800 block of New York Avenue around 10:40 p.m. His mother and three brothers--ages 5, 7, and 15--were also home at the time, but were uninjured.
EMS crews rushed the boy to UH Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital with "serious" injuries. A short time later, the apparent suspect in the incident arrived at another area hospital via private transport and is currently in critical condition. The suspect's name is not being released at this time.
The incident was one of six shootings that took place over a 24-hour period within Cleveland's city limits. Two of the victims, a 56-year-old woman and an unidentified man, later died.
A possible motive in the shooting has not been specified. The matter remains under investigation.
- Cleveland police detective charged with domestic violence in Parma
- 27-year-old Cleveland man indicted on several counts of kidnapping and sexual assault
- 'I assume you are a dangerous person': Suspect in Perry Nuclear Power Plant incident arraigned in Painesville Municipal Court
- 30-year-old man fatally shot inside of apartment; Cleveland police searching for suspect
- Body of 17-year-old girl found in field on Cleveland's east side
- Special assistant to Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson pleads not guilty to rape charges