CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio — Police in Cleveland Heights are investigating after a 13-year-old boy was fatally shot on Monday evening.
According to Chief Annette Mecklenburg, the incident happened just after 6 p.m. at a residence in the 800 block of Woodview Road. Mecklenberg says the teen was shot while inside the home and did not survive.
Several shots were fired into the rear of the house from the backyard, about three houses away. No suspect was seen.
3News visited the home late Monday evening where reporter Marisa Saenz spoke with Rebekkah Wilson, who is the mother of the victim and identified her son as Londan Hill. Wilson and her family are from Milwaukee, WI and were in town visiting relatives. The shooting happened at her sister-in-law's house.
"Whoever shot and killed my son today, you all need to come forward because he didn’t have nothing to do with nothing," she tells 3News. "We’re not even from Cleveland. We’re from Milwaukee."
Wilson says at the time of the incident, she heard gunshots and walked downstairs to find her son bleeding while sitting at the kitchen table.
“This happened in broad daylight," Wilson said. "It’s just no reason for it.”
Londan Hill was taken to University Hospitals, where he was pronounced dead.
If you have any information about this incident, please contact the Cleveland Heights Police Department at 216-321-1234.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- Cleveland man sentenced to 25 to 29 years for 18 armed robberies over the period of a month
- Deadly Canton shooting: Man found with multiple gunshot wounds
- Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan gives 2021 State of the City address
- 58-year-old Sandusky woman arrested after leaving her dog in a hot car as a punishment, killing 6-month-old pup
- Moving nightmare: Northeast Ohio woman says pet transport company lost her dogs
- Ohio judge orders man to get vaccinated as part of probation
- Body of teen swimmer found after going missing in waters of Mentor Headlands Beach State Park
- Cleveland police locate SUV, owner involved in fatal Saturday crash
- Cleveland, Cuyahoga County still waiting on final details of $435 million Progressive Field deal
- Ohio State grad extends 'Jeopardy!' winning streak, becomes 4th biggest earner in game's history
- Why The Bachelorette's Michael Allio had an advantage over Greg Grippo, Blake Moynes, Justin Glaze and the other men vying for Katie Thurston's love