CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio — Police in Cleveland Heights are investigating after a teen was shot on the basketball court at Cain Park on Monday evening.
According to a statement from the city of Cleveland Heights, the incident occurred just after 6 p.m. Police responded to a call about a shooting at Cain Park's basketball court.
When officers arrived, they found that a 13-year-old boy was shot in the buttocks and taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Cleveland Heights Police Department detectives are investigating the incident. No information about what happened or any possible suspects has been provided as of yet.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- Cleveland police investigating fatal shooting on RTA bus
- VIDEO | Man arrested after allegedly exchanging gunfire with North Olmsted police following situation at Starbucks
- 7 taken to hospital after fentanyl found in air ventilation system at juvenile detention center in Northwest Ohio
- North Olmsted Fifth Third Bank robbery suspect captured
- Cleveland Police: 14-year-old girl shot in the head
- Elyria Police issue warrant for man accused of striking police cruiser, fleeing scene
- Body found in Cleveland identified as 19-year-old woman who had been missing since last summer
- Cleveland Police seeking help to identify aggravated arson suspect