AKRON, Ohio — A 15-year-old boy suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being shot by an unknown suspect in Akron on Monday night.
According to Akron police, officers rushed to the 900 block of Peerless Avenue at approximately 5:15 p.m. following a call reporting a shooting. Upon arriving, officers found a 15-year-old male with apparent gunshot wounds to the leg and the other to his hand. Officers proceeded to render first aid, applying a tourniquet until EMS arrived and transported the victim to Akron Children’s Hospital.
The victim's injuries are considered non-life-threatening.
The victim said that he was walking down the street when he was shot by an unknown suspect. There are currently no known suspects and no arrests and evidence was collected at the scene as detectives work to determine the circumstances surrounding the teen’s injuries.
Anybody with information regarding this incident is encouraged to call the Akron Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-375-2490 or 330-375-2Tip. Anonymous information can also be provided by calling the Summit County Crimestoppers at 330-434-COPS or by texting TIPSCO with your tips at 274637.
More crime coverage from WKYC:
- 10 East Cleveland police officers face judge amid criminal charges, bond set at $10,000 each
- Retired Northeast Ohio federal agent provides insight as Nashville school shooting reignites gun control debate
- Activists fighting back against antisemitism with a blue square
- Nashville school shooting: Victims identified, suspect left 'manifesto'
- Cleveland: Jury convicts 2 on fentanyl trafficking charges
- Suspects plead guilty in connection with Cleveland fishing tournament cheating scandal
- Ohio man pleads not guilty in death of fiance who went missing
- Man who fatally shot K-9 officer during 2019 chase in Texas sentenced to life in prison
- Sentencing continued for 3 who pleaded guilty in Alishah Pointer case
- 3 suspects wanted for allegedly using fraudulent credit card in Lake County
- Children's services: Deceased 5-year-old in suspected Cleveland abuse case was malnourished, had 'several' injuries
- Man arrested in connection to fatal Canton shooting
- Peaceful neighborhood coalition say action still needed despite lull in gun deaths in Toledo
- Man accused of firing shots at officers outside northeast Columbus pub held on $2 million bond