CLEVELAND — *Editor's Note: The video in the player above originally aired on January 4, 2021.
The Cleveland Police Department is investigating the discovery of a 17-year-old's body Thursday morning.
Officers responded to East 107th Street and Elk Avenue for reports of a dead woman on the ground in a grass field.
The victim, identified by the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner as Hershawna Rias, suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Homicide detectives responded to the scene and learned the girl had been found by park personnel.
Officials have not yet released any information regarding a possible suspect or suspects. A potential motive for the crime has also not been released.
Police do not have any witnesses to the crime at this time. Anyone with information on Hershawna Rias' death is urged to contact Homicide investigators at 216-623-5464.
Anonymous information can be provided by calling Crimestoppers at 216-25-CRIME.
*Editor's Note: The video in the player above originally aired on April 8, 2021.
- RELATED: Suspect in Perry Nuclear Power Plant incident arraigned in Painesville Municipal Court
- RELATED: Yes, businesses can require that you show proof of COVID-19 vaccination with a "COVID vaccine passport": Legally Speaking with Stephanie Haney
- RELATED: Operation Forth Bridge: What happens now after Prince Philip's death
- RELATED: Pfizer asks FDA to allow its COVID-19 vaccine for younger teens
- RELATED: 'A race': Gov. DeWine announces one-third of Ohioans have received at least one dose of vaccine as COVID-19 cases continue to rise
- RELATED: Rapper-actor DMX, known for gruff delivery, dead at 50