EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio — A pair of East Cleveland police officers have been arrested and are facing felony theft charges.
The officers arrested have been identified as Willie Warner-Simms and Alfonzo Cole.
According to a Cuyahoga County spokesperson, East Cleveland Chief of Police Scott Gardner requested the assistance of the Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Department in investigating possible criminal activity in his department on Friday.
Following that request, the sheriff's office arrested Warner-Simms and Cole after an initial investigation. The county says the investigation remains open and ongoing with the possiblility of more evidence and suspects still to be uncovered.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- 'Hooligans running amok': Euclid police searching for owner of 10 lost puppies
- Arthur Keith's family continues to fight for justice after fatal CMHA police shooting, calls for peace throughout community
- Canton man found shot to death on front porch; police looking for possible suspects
- Police, FBI search for suspect in Medina County bank robbery
- Kirtland police chief facing termination due to misconduct allegations
- West Virginia murder suspect arrested after setting fire to Akron home
- Lorain County Sheriff's Office asking the public for help in locating 2 men who escaped from Elyria correctional facility on June 29
- Mentor Police testing new license plate reader system to help officers fight and solve crimes
- Cleveland Division of Police: Over 1,600 guns seized so far in 2021
- Cleveland police Monitor rejects Ayesha Bell-Hardaway's resignation from the Consent Decree team, says he has 'heard the community'
Editor's Note: The below video is from a previously published, unrelated story