STRONGSVILLE, Ohio — Two people are dead following a shooting in Strongsville late Saturday morning, and police are investigating the incident as a murder-suicide.
Just before 11:30 a.m., dispatchers received a 911 call from someone claiming their father had shot their mother before turning the gun on himself. First responders then rushed to the home, located on Calderdale Lane.
49-year-old Kevin Keefe was pronounced dead at the scene, while 42-year-old Carrie Keefe was rushed to South West General Hospital, where she died from her injuries. While authorities have not confirmed their exact relationship, they did say both lived at the house.
The investigation into this matter is ongoing.
- Former Cuyahoga County Auditor Frank Russo, whose career ended with corruption scandal, dies at 72
- 'Geauga's Child' murder trial day 3: Defense rests as Gail Eastwood-Ritchey declines to testify
- $1000 reward being offered for safe return of stolen guitar belonging to world-renowned classical guitarist Berta Rojas
- Barn fire breaks out at Dussel Farm in Brimfield
- Indian Valley High School grad Bob Huggins, former Cavaliers coach George Karl elected to Basketball Hall of Fame
- Check your carbon monoxide alarm: 8,000 2-in-1 alarms recalled
- Cavaliers cruise to 119-101 win over New York Knicks
- Copley girl raises $600+ for Ukraine with homemade bracelets