CLEVELAND — A 21-year-old man was fatally shot at a gas station in Cleveland on Tuesday night.
According to Cleveland Police, officers responded to the Quincy Gas Station located at 3939 Community College Avenue at approximately 9:10 p.m. on Tuesday for reports of shots fired.
Upon arrival, the Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority Police Department (CMHAPD) was on scene rendering aid to the 21-year-old male victim, who was then conveyed to the MetroHealth Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased.
The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the victim as Tysean James of Cleveland.
A preliminary investigation has indicated that James was in the lot of the gas station with a group of people when an unknown number of suspects began firing in the direction of the group, striking the victim in the chest. The suspects, who have yet to be identified, then fled in a light-colored SUV.
A residence in the 2400 block of East 40th Street was also struck by gunfire. The occupants of the residence were not injured.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to contact investigators at 216-623-5464. Additionally, anonymous information can be provided by calling Crimestoppers at 216-25-CRIME.
A cash reward of up to $5,000.00 may be available.
More crime coverage from WKYC:
- Uber driver carjacked in Cleveland
- $10,000 reward being offered for arrest of suspects after postal worker robbery in Akron
- Police: Florida woman arrested after fatally shooting terminally ill husband inside hospital
- 1 man dead after shooting in Akron
- Hawaii man imprisoned for 1991 murder, rape released
- Cleveland police locate Guardians manager Terry Francona's scooter after it was stolen from his residence
Editor's note: the videos in this story are from previous stories.