WARRENSVILLE HEIGHTS, Ohio — A 3-year-old child was fatally shot at an apartment complex in Warrensville Heights on Wednesday, September 14.
Officers responded to an apartment complex at the 4300 block of Clarkwood Parkway at 9:41 p.m. for a 3-year-old gunshot victim. The child was immediately transferred to Metro Hospital and pronounced deceased at the hospital.
After meeting with the coroner, the Warrensville Heights Police Department confirmed that the gunshot wound was self-inflicted.
This is a developing story. Stick with 3News for the latest.
More local coverage from WKYC:
- 2022 Cleveland Browns home opener: Muni Lot and FirstEnergy Stadium rules for game vs. New York Jets
- How much do you have to spend in order to win the Powerball lottery, and can playing Powerball be an effective strategy to pay off student loans?
- 2 bystanders call Wickliffe police after witnessing possible attempted abduction of 11-year-old girl
- Ohio Department of Education releases 2022 school report cards: See how your child's district was rated
- HAZMAT crew responds to scene of chemical release in Akron
- Greater Cleveland Urban Film Festival to kick off with 3News' Danielle Wiggins
- Cleveland city leaders, Salvation Army alarmed after St. Vincent Charity Hospital announces it will cease inpatient care
- Parents, students outraged after Chardon school board member monitors dress code off-campus
- Judge temporarily blocks Ohio 'Heartbeat Law' banning most abortions
- 6-year-old cancer warrior shares his journey at Akron Children's Hospital
- Getting 'Eriesponsible' about Lake Erie's future
- Mayfield Middle School celebrates principal being named Educator of the Year by Ohio Middle Level Association
- 4 Good Samaritans stop to help Willoughby police officer being attacked by suspect
- Daycare worker fired at Sweet Kiddles in Avon Lake following child injury