CLEVELAND — A 63-year-old man is dead and one suspect is in custody following a shooting in Cleveland's Union–Miles Park neighborhood Thursday evening.
First responders found the victim, since identified as city resident Ardell Houi, lying on the ground in the 11100 block of of Nelson Avenue around 7:15 p.m. Officials say he was shot in the neck, and he died at the scene despite attempts by fire and EMS crews to revive him.
A short time after Houi's death, Cleveland police identified a suspect and eventually arrested a 59-year-old male. That individual's name has not been released at this time.
This incident remains under investigation.
- Pedestrian fatally struck on ramp to I-71 northbound from I-480 east near Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Cleveland police searching for missing 33-year-old woman
- Early morning crash in Canton leaves 1 dead and 1 in critical condition
- Ohio man sentenced to nearly 12 years for running unlicensed funeral businesses
- 3News Investigates: Only 3% of sexual assaults reported by Cedar Point workers have ended with an arrest
- Cuyahoga, Lorain among 10 Northeast Ohio counties at CDC's high community level for COVID-19
- WATCH: Pick-up truck strikes state trooper vehicle on I-475, flees scene
- Woman recounts fleeing from Ukraine to Northeast Ohio, encourages Americans to remember the war