EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio — East Cleveland police have canceled an AMBER Alert for a 7-year-old girl who was allegedly taken by her father early Tuesday morning.
Kylie Brown had last been seen around 1:20 a.m. at her home on the 16300 block of Nelaview Road. The exact circumstances that led to her disappearance are not yet known, but authorities confirmed around 9:15 a.m. that she had been found and is safe.
Kylie's father, 36-year-old Nashawn Brown, was identified as the suspect in the case. Officials did not say if he is being charged in connection with this incident.
'Thank you for all your help on helping to bring home Kylie," the Cuyahoga County Department of Public Safety and Justice Services said in a brief statement.
- VOTER GUIDE | What you need to know about Cleveland's mayoral primary election, other Cuyahoga County races, & how to find your polling place
- MISSING | Cleveland police search for 11-year-old boy last seen Saturday
- Group of parents demand answers after mother shot on Ohio State's campus
- Ohio man sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to plotting an attack on a Toledo-area synagogue
- Nationwide bus driver shortage affecting Northeast Ohio school districts
- 3 children, 2 adults die in Akron house fire
- Yes, there are treatments for children with COVID-19
- Honoring an American hero: Funeral service for Navy Corpsman Maxton Soviak in Erie County
- Parents clash over mask mandate during West Geauga Board of Education meeting