CLEVELAND — Editor's Note: The above video features the arraignment hearing for Tamara McLoyd.
A grand jury in Cuyahoga County has indicted Anthony Butler Jr. in connection with the death of Cleveland police officer Shane Bartek on Friday.
Butler was indicted for failure to comply with an order of a police officer, receiving stolen property, and obstructing official business. He’s accused of leading police on a pursuit while behind the wheel of Bartek’s vehicle, which was taken after the officer was fatally shot on New Year’s Eve.
Dashcam video of the chase from the Richmond Heights Police Department shows Butler being taken into custody after crashing the vehicle into a fence in Euclid.
The 25-year-old Bartek was shot while off-duty in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 4300 block of Rocky River Drive. He was a two-year veteran with the Cleveland Division of Police. Funeral services for Bartek were held earlier this week.
Butler is scheduled to be arraigned on January 19.
18-year-old Tamara McLoyd, the woman charged in the shooting death of Cleveland police officer Shane Bartek, was back in court Thursday morning for an arraignment hearing where she pleaded not guilty in the case.
The judge then issued a bond of $5 million. The prosecution, however, had requested McLoyd be held without bond by arguing she "certainly presents a serious risk of harm to the community."
McLoyd is due back in court for a pretrial hearing on Thursday, Jan. 20.
“This crime is captured on video," the prosecution also noted Thursday. "This defendant was arrested later the same evening into the early morning hours of the next day with a revolver on her person. She did ultimately confess to shooting officer Bartek with that particular revolver."
- 18-year-old Tamara McLoyd pleads not guilty in shooting death of Cleveland officer Shane Bartek
- Woman charged for the murder of Cleveland police officer also indicted in two armed robberies
- 'He has always been my idol': Twin sister gives touching tribute during funeral for fallen Cleveland police officer Shane Bartek
- Cleveland Browns, Guardians and Cavaliers pay tribute to fallen officer Shane Bartek: Read their message
- Anthony Butler Jr. back in court: Suspect arrested after police chase involving slain Cleveland officer Shane Bartek's stolen vehicle