CANTON, Ohio — A 27-year-old man is dead following a shooting Monday afternoon in Canton.
Dispatchers originally received a 911 call reporting an assault victim, and officers subsequently rushed to a home on the 1400 block of 6th Street Southwest. Once there, they discovered Devon Meredith dead at the scene from an apparent gunshot wound.
After working with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation to find evidence at the scene of the shooting, Canton police detectives obtained arrest warrants for two individuals for the crime.
Suspect #1 has been identified as 29-year-old Robert L. Torrence II. He is charged with Murder (F1). Suspect #2 is identified as 47-year-old Thomas R. Humphrey, who is charged with Complicity to Commit Murder.
Bond has been set at $500,000.00 on each suspect. Both suspects are still at large.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Canton Police Detective Bureau at (330) 489-3144. Anonymous tips can also be sent through Stark County Crime Stoppers or Tip411. Sign up for Tip411 at www.cantonohio.gov/police
- Lordstown Motors to 'let the truck do the talking'
- Indians beat Chicago Cubs 4-0, lose Aaron Civale to finger injury
- What you should know about CDC reports of 'mild' heart issues in young people vaccinated for COVID-19
- 2021 NBA Draft Lottery: Start time, TV channel, odds, top prospects
- Poll: Majority of Americans want easier in-person early voting and a photo ID requirement
- Airline staff shortages causing flight delays, cancellations
- Former Browns defensive end Carl Nassib becomes first active NFL player to come out as gay
- Avery Dennison expanding Painesville manufacturing facility, hiring for at least 25 new full time positions
- 4 found dead in Jackson Township home, including 2 children ages 5 and 13
- City of Cleveland struggling in attempt to bring back recycling program
- Where kids can get a free bagged lunch in Northeast Ohio
- Cleveland man will now face murder charge in 2-year-old boy's death