MENTOR-ON-THE-LAKE, Ohio — Authorities in Lake County are asking for the public's help locating a vehicle that collided with a child on a bicycle Wednesday evening.
Police say the incident occurred around 7:45 p.m. yesterday in Mentor-on-the-Lake. The victim was riding a bicycle on Southland Drive near Beech Drive when they were struck by what appeared to be a dark blue 2018-19 Kia Sorrento. The driver did not stop.
The child suffered non-life-threatening injuries and is "improving," according to officials. The car had an out-of-state license plate (possibly from Florida).
Anyone with information regarding the suspect's identity or whereabouts is asked to immediately call the Mentor-on-the-Lake Police Department at (440) 257-7234.
- 2 children injured in crash involving Amish buggy in Geauga County
- Hit-and-run suspect arrested: Woman walking dog dies after struck by vehicle in Ashland County, child also hurt
- FirstEnergy charged, agrees to pay $230 million penalty in connection to HB 6 bribery scheme
- 4-year-old Chardon boy battling cancer saves a superhero and becomes firefighter for a day
- Cleveland giving residents the option to opt-in to new recycling program
- Columbus City Schools to require masks for all students, staff this fall
- Report reveals more details about Ohio man’s alleged plot to conduct mass shooting against women
- Former Cleveland employee testifies he signed fake timesheets for years, allowing Councilman Ken Johnson to claim thousands in phony expenses
- Woman stopped by Solon police in connection to 'Baby Doe' found at a Northeast Ohio bus stop