ALLEGHENY COUNTY, Pa. — A Cleveland man who was wanted by police after his girlfriend's body was found buried in a backyard near Pittsburgh this past Friday is now in custody in Allegheny County, Cleveland Police confirmed to 3News.
Anthony M. Kennedy has been charged with aggravated murder in the death of 23-year-old Adrianna Taylor, who apparently suffered a gunshot wound to the head. A warrant for the 43-year-old Kennedy's arrest was first issued on Saturday.
Taylor's family claimed they had not heard from her since Oct. 8, and she was officially reported missing on Nov. 13. She had been living with Kennedy at their home on the 3200 block of West 98th Street in the West Boulevard neighborhood, and authorities say her vehicle had last been seen within the state of Pennsylvania before her body was eventually found in the borough of Wilkinsburg.
Officials say Kennedy had formerly lived in Pennsylvania and Taylor was buried behind a house where Kennedy's sister "either currently or recently resided within." Witnesses also alleged they saw Kennedy in the backyard at some point during the time Taylor was missing.
Cleveland court records show Kennedy was previously arrested for domestic violence in 2019. He later pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of criminal mischief and unlawful restraint and received probation as well as hundreds of dollars in fines.
This is a developing story. Please stick with 3News for the latest.
More crime coverage from WKYC:
- Man convicted in 2020 murder of Na'Kia Crawford in Akron sentenced to life in prison
- Man sentenced to 1 year for vandalism at LGBTQ+ youth center in Fairview Park
- Daughter of Cleveland firefighter Johnny Tetrick speaks in court during suspect’s arraignment in deadly hit-and-run incident
- Study: U.S. gun death rates hit highest levels in decades
- How police dogs help sniff out child predators: Ready Pet GO!
- Car thieves continue to target Hyundai, Kia owners in Cleveland