CLEVELAND — One person is dead following a shooting on Cleveland's east side Thursday night.
Police say the 43-year-old victim was found lying face down near the intersection of Nell Avenue and East 143rd Street around 8:50 p.m. He had been shot multiple times and was rushed to University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, where he died from his injuries.
3News is not currently able to confirm the identity of the victim, and authorities have yet to release any information on possible suspects. Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to immediately contact the Cleveland Division of Police at (216) 623-1234.
More local headlines:
- Columbus agrees to pay family of Andre' Hill $10 million
- Woman hit by 10 pound package of meat during fight at South Euclid Walmart
- Cleveland police identify suspect vehicle used in the carjacking of Gina DeJesus
- 14-year-old charged with reckless homicide in shooting death of 11-year-old Ohio boy
- Man dies after motorcycle speeds off I-90 in Willoughby Hills
- 21 students charged in BGSU conduct code violations in Stone Foltz hazing death independent investigation
- Cleveland police corral lost pony named 'French Fry'
- Akron police investigating fatal crash on North Howard St.
- Ohio Catholic dioceses to reinstate obligation to attend Sunday Mass starting weekend of June 5-6
- Crime in Cleveland going up as number of officers goes down: Mark Naymik Reports
- Cleveland police safely locate missing children 3 days after they were last seen