CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating an early morning fatal shooting involving an officer from the Maple Heights Police Department.
According to reports, on Monday at around 4:17 a.m., Cleveland officers responded to East 93rd Street and Buckeye Road to assist the Maple Heights Police Department with an officer-involved shooting.
Officials say the Maple Heights police officers were pursing a vehicle believed to be involved in several " shooting into habitation" incidents throughout the city.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter
Cleveland EMS transported a male suspect with a gunshot wound to University Hospitals where he was pronounced dead. His identity has not yet been revealed.
It is unknown what events led to the shooting. No police officials were injured in the incident. However, a firearm was recovered from the scene.
The Cleveland Police Use of Force Team responded to the scene to investigate the fatal shooting.
The incident remains under investigation. Stay with 3 News on-air and online for the latest updates as they become available.
- MetroHealth sending care package to San Antonio trauma unit workers
- Biden sees chance of 'rational' Republican approach on guns
- Man dead in shooting on Ohio Statehouse lawn
- More than 6,000 flights canceled over Memorial Day weekend
- Yes, Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day
- GUIDE: 2022 Memorial Day parades in Northeast Ohio