CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating a shooting that took the life of one person and injured two others on Wednesday.
The incident happened at around 4:45 p.m. in the USA Food Mart located in the 1100 block of East 123rd Street. Police say a 60-year-old man was killed, while a 40-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound to the chest. He was taken to University Hospitals, as was a 40-year-old woman who was shot in the leg.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter
The Cleveland Division of Police's Homicide Unit responded to the scene. Their preliminary investigation revealed that multiple customers and employees were inside the store when one of the victims and the suspect were arguing. The suspect exited, then returned with a gun and started firing.
After wounding three people, the suspect then fled the scene on foot. The suspect has not been identified, but police say he is a 44-year-old man.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
Do you want to be among the first to know the most important local and national news? Download the free WKYC app and get updates right on your phone: Android, Apple.
- Canton police officer who fatally shot man on New Year's Day will not be disciplined after internal review
- 3News Investigates: Cleveland police reform monitor to step down
- First Federal Savings and Loan of Lorain robbed Wednesday afternoon
- PHOTOS: Crews battle massive fire in downtown Canton
- Member of Cleveland gang sentenced to more than 12 years in prison on drug and firearm charges
- The Marshall Project: Who’s Really Cycling In and Out of Cleveland's Courts?
- Cleveland Mayor Justin Bibb submits 10 candidates for community police commission
- 'This happened in broad daylight': Passenger reacts after shots fired at RTA bus in Cleveland's Slavic Village neighborhood