CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating a shooting that took place Monday afternoon outside of the Family Dollar at the Five Points Plaza on East 152nd Street and St. Clair Avenue.
According to a release from the department, five people were shot in the incident.
- A 28-year-old man was shot in the back and taken by private vehicle to University Hospitals.
- A 33-year-old man was shot in the right knee and taken by private vehicle to UH.
- A 37-year-old woman sustained a wound to the buttock. She was taken by EMS to UH.
- A 56-year-old woman was shot in the leg and taken to UH via private vehicle.
- A 35-year-old man was shot twice in the back and taken by private vehicle to UH.
There is no word yet on the conditions of those wounded.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter
3News' reporter Neil Fischer reported from the scene of the shooting.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned to 3News for any further information or developments as the investigation continues.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to feature Beatles exhibit, Michael Jackson's Thriller jacket during Memorial Day weekend
- Heinen's opens brand new Mitchell's Ice Cream shop at Downtown Cleveland location
- MLB Top 100 Prospects list: Cleveland Guardians' Daniel Espino makes big leap in 2022 rankings
- 'Road to Recovery': Cleveland Mayor Justin Bibb meets with small business owners
- HBO 'Real Sports' to feature women who accused Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct