CLEVELAND — Editor's Note: The above video is from a previously published, unrelated story
The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating after a man was found dead inside a burning vehicle on Saturday morning in Ohio City.
According to reports, officers were called to the area of Train Avenue and Vega Avenue at around 9:05 a.m. for a report of a vehicle on fire. By the time they arrived, the Cleveland Division of Fire was in the process of extinguishing the blaze and informed police that a body was discovered inside the car.
The Cleveland Division of Police's Homicide Unit and the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office were dispatched to the area to investigate. The identity of the victim has not yet been released.
Police say that a person of interest has yet not been identified. This matter remains under investigation.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- Man found dead in driveway of Akron's North Hill neighborhood; police searching for shooting suspects
- Lorain County coach indicted on sexual battery charges
- Groundbreaking ceremony: Garden of 11 Angels memorial to honor women murdered by Cleveland serial killer Anthony Sowell
- Second escaped Lorain County fugitive arrested
- Kirtland couple gets 18 months in prison for bribing a former city of Cleveland employee
- North Olmsted business owner indicted for sexual assault; police asking victims to come forward
- Man arrested after 2-year-old boy shot in head at Lorain home
- Falling tree on Martin Luther King Jr Drive, 1 City of Cleveland employee killed
- 5-year-old boy dies from gunshot wound in Maple Heights