It happened shortly after 8 p.m. when authorities say shots were fired on East 46th Street near the Lonnie Burten Recreation Center.
The 12-year-old was taken to the hospital in critical condition. A 20-year-old was also hurt in the incident.
EMS crews tell 3News that another shooting victim may have driven themselves to the hospital.
No additional information was immediately available. Stay with 3News as we will update this story once more information is released.
- Shooting leaves University of Akron student dead, 2 men injured; suspect at-large
- Man dies from gunshot wound at bus shelter in Cleveland's Ohio City neighborhood
- Cleveland police: Man fatally shot on city's east side while helping driver push overheated car
- Cuyahoga County corrections officer identified as victim in Thursday afternoon murder-suicide in Cleveland
- Cleveland Police arrest 9 teens after large fight at John F. Kennedy High School
- As crime rises in Cleveland, what can be done to stop the violence?
- Ohio man sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to plotting an attack on a Toledo-area synagogue
- 3 children, 2 adults die in Akron house fire
- Frank Q. Jackson, grandson of Cleveland Mayor Frank G. Jackson, shot and killed
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated story on Sept. 20, 2021.