EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio — One person has died and multiple others were injured after an overnight shooting in East Cleveland.
3News' Neil Fischer has confirmed with police that it happened outside of the Just Us Lounge and Deli in the 13900 block of Euclid Avenue around 2:53 a.m. Monday.
"Detectives learned approximately 10 people were shot and one person deceased," according to a statement from Brian Gerhard of the East Cleveland Police Department.
The East Cleveland Police Department and the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office have confirmed that 30-year-old Tyran Thomas Lewis was the fatal victim of the shooting.
Gerhard says all 11 victims of the shooting have been identified, but names are being withheld while additional information is gathered.
Police say several victims were taken to various hospitals for medical treatment, but did not elaborate on the extent of the injuries.
We've also learned that Ohio BCI's Crime Scene Unit was requested to assist the East Cleveland Police Department as a result of the shooting, but their office has not provided any additional details.
Anybody with information is urged to call the East Cleveland Detective Bureau at 216-681-2162 or the Crime Stoppers tip line at 216-252-7463.
- Vermilion man dies in 4-vehicle crash, others injured
- Uninvolved customer shot amid dispute about incorrect change in Akron convenience store
- $540,000 settlement announced for 12 plaintiffs in Cleveland case connected to May 2020 protests after George Floyd's death
- Woman arrested for man's murder in Elyria
- Jayland Walker shooting: Here's what newly released Akron police bodycam video reveals
- Bodycam video shows Columbus police officer fatally shooting man while serving warrant
- 16-year-old shot in hand by Akron police officer according to Akron Police Chief Stephen Mylett
- Shots allegedly fired at Canfield Fair
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated story on Sept. 4, 2022.