AKRON, Ohio — A 19-year-old DoorDash employee was robbed of his car and cell phone in Akron on Tuesday night.
According to Akron police, officers were called to S. Main Street and E. Ido Avenue around 11:20 p.m. for a robbery. Upon arrival, officers found the 19-year-old victim who told authorities he was DoorDashing on E. Ido Avenue when an unknown male took his car and cell phone at gunpoint.
Officers later located the victim’s cell phone following the incident.
On Wednesday morning, officers spotted the stolen Honda Accord after tracking it to the 800 block of Palmetto Avenue. Officers proceeded to converge on the vehicle after three teens were observed getting into it and preparing to leave.
The three 16-year-olds were detained without incident and transported to the police station for questioning. The teen in the driver’s seat of the vehicle and the front seat passenger were each charged with Aggravated Robbery and Receiving Stolen Property in connection with the incident.
More crime coverage from WKYC:
- 29-year-old arrested in Akron after allegedly holding two roommates in apartment against their will
- 2 shot during alleged home invasion attempt in Euclid, resident taken into custody amid investigation
- Man in custody after standoff in Richmond Heights involving SWAT
- Ex-Proud Boys chairman Enrique Tarrio sentenced to 22 years in prison for Jan. 6 conspiracy
- Customer injured after car crashes into Circle K in Solon
- Suspect arrested following multiple burglaries in Westlake
- 4 murder suspects arrested by Ohio State Highway Patrol: Labor Day weekend traffic stop and arrests statistics released
- Officer injured, cruiser struck by stolen vehicle in southeast Columbus; suspect arrested
- Man shot and killed outside Chronicle-Telegram building in Elyria; police investigating
- Akron police searching for person of interest in armed robbery outside of Circle K
- Vehicle crashes into Cleveland apartment: 7-year-old boy rescued with Jaws of Life after becoming trapped beneath vehicle and rubble
- Man killed by Alliance officer after allegedly holding knife to female's throat: New details in Sunday shooting as Ohio BCI investigates
- Chicago murder suspect caught after chase on South I-75
- 18-year-old woman's death ruled homicide in south Toledo shooting; 16-year-old arrested