CLEVELAND — A 16-year-old has been rushed to University Hospitals Rainbow Babies and Children tonight after being shot in the face in Cleveland.
According to EMS officials and police, an unidentified 16-year-old boy was transported around 6:15 p.m in critical condition. The teen was picked up near the intersection of E. 121st Street and Continental Avenue in Cleveland.
No word on the teen's current condition.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates as we receive them.
MORE MAJOR HEADLINES FROM AROUND NORTHEAST OHIO:
- RELATED: Lakewood Fire Department reminding residents to "be safe out there" after saving dog stuck on ice
- RELATED: President Biden sending medical teams to help Cleveland Clinic battle COVID surge
- RELATED: North Olmsted officer injured after suspect attempted to lunge, steal officer's service weapon
- RELATED: Which at-home COVID tests you should throw out right now, US Supreme Court blocks COVID vaccine mandate for businesses: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney
- RELATED: Woman charged with murder of Cleveland officer Shane Bartek also indicted in two other crimes, and more: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney
- RELATED: Cleveland Cavaliers' Machine Gun Kelly bobbleheads delayed due to supply chain issues
Editor's note: The video in the player above is from a previously published, unrelated story.