GARFIELD HEIGHTS, Ohio — The Garfield Heights Police Department is asking for the public’s help in finding two suspects involved in a weekend attack.
Authorities said it was around 6:15 a.m. Saturday when officers responded to the 13000 block of Bangor Avenue in reference to a reported kidnapping in progress. Upon arrival, officers found the homeowner bound and locked in her own vehicle.
“The victim stated that she had arrived home earlier in the morning and parked her vehicle in the driveway,” according to a press release from police on Monday. “As she attempted to enter the residence, she was approached by two males armed with handguns where she was struck in the face and eventually bound.”
Police said the suspects then entered her residence and stole several items before “locking the victim in her own car” as they fled the scene.
The incident is being further investigated by the Garfield Heights Police Department and anyone with information is asked to contact the Garfield Heights Detective Bureau at 216-475-5686.
No additional details were immediately available.
- Police: 17-year-old shot, killed Friday in Cleveland
- Police: Ohio man arrested after 107 marijuana plants found in home
- Man accused of operating illegal funeral business in Ohio pleads not guilty to all charges
- Police identify man arrested in Lakewood after allegedly picking up playing child, attempting to run off with him
- Mayfield Village police to use speed cameras along I-271