WILLOUGHBY HILLS, Ohio — A fire that set one home ablaze Saturday afternoon in Willoughby Hills has been ruled arson.
Officials say the fire began on the 27000 block of White Road just after 4:30 p.m., with flames and smoke pouring from the garage. The situation was under control roughly a half hour later, and no residents or firefighters were injured. Eleven different departments responded to the scene.
RELATED: More crime coverage from WKYC
Investigators from Willoughby Hills, Lake County, and the Ohio Fire Marshall's Office are currently looking into the incident. According to a press release, there were multiple fires set throughout the house.
A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of the suspect or suspects in this case. Those with such info are urged to immediately call the Ohio Fire Marshall at (800) 589-2728 or the Willoughby Hills Police Department at (440) 942-9111.
- Canton shooting leaves 1 dead, another injured
- Cars block traffic doing stunts Saturday night in Toledo
- Jockey with Ohio ties helps long-shot Rich Strike in Kentucky Derby upset
- Marathon mom: Lakewood woman runs 50 marathons in 50 states
- Owen Miller's homer, Óscar Mercado's single in 8th give Guardians 4-3 win over Toronto Blue Jays
- 14-year-old girl shot to death in north Toledo Friday night
- Mission Possible: At employee-owned companies, it's about more than just a paycheck