KENT, Ohio — Kent Police have arrested a 22-year-old man who has now been charged with two felony counts involving child pornography.
RELATED: More crime coverage from WKYC
Following an investigation, Kent Police executed a search warrant at 471 S. Francis St., which led to the arrest of Paul D. Bukovac of Kent. Bukovac has been charged with Illegal Use of a Minor in Nudity-Oriented Material (Felony 2), and Pandering Obscenity Involving a Minor or Impaired Person (Felony 2).
A lengthy investigation between the Kent Police and Crimes Against Children (ICAC) led detectives to believe that a resident at the house they would search had been extorting and manipulating juveniles to send nude photos and videos over the internet. While executing their search, detectives seized devices containing photographs and videos of child sexual exploitive material.
The victims in the case range in age from 5-15 years old, with some living as far away as California and the United Kingdom.
More crime coverage from WKYC:
- Northeast Ohio police departments struggle to find new recruits
- Derek Chauvin expected to change plea in federal civil rights case in murder of George Floyd
- 2 students suspended after allegedly making separate shooting threats against Norwalk's middle and high schools
- Downtown Cleveland business owners react to police fatally shooting armed suspect
- Euclid Police searching for vehicle involved in shooting death of 13-year-old boy
- Omicron COVID-19 variant detected in a patient within the Cleveland Clinic system, and more: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney
- Final suspect in Alishah Pointer murder case arrested in Kentucky
- California governor wants Texas-like law to ban assault guns
- Judge issues $2 million bond for multiple suspects in murder of Alishah Pointer
- Capitol rioters' social media posts influencing sentencings
- Several Northeast Ohio schools impacted by threats this week
- Catalytic converter thief crushed to death by Toyota Prius
- 'Like losing a son': Columbus area coaches remember 9-year-old football player for being a hard worker with a lot of potential
- Toledo man arrested in August shooting that took life of 11-year-old boy