KENT, Ohio — Police at Kent State University are seeking the public's assistance in identifying a man who is reported to have committed a sex offense between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. on Nov. 14, 2021, near Terrace Drive on the Kent Campus.
Kent State officials say police were made aware Sunday evening.
The college-age male suspect is described as approximately six feet tall with an average build and dark brown hair. He wore darker-colored sweatpants and a surgical mask.
Please contact Kent State Police at (330) 672-3070 if you have any information that would assist an investigation.
Kent State University added the below statement:
"We continue to keep safety as a top priority. Kent State Police patrol our campus 24 hours a day through vehicle, foot and bicycle patrol. There are more than 30 blue light phones stationed across campus in parking lots and along sidewalks that connect immediately with campus police. In addition, a safety escort service is available by calling 330-672-7004."
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- Delta Zeta sorority at Kent State University suspended following allegations of hazing
- Celebrating World Afro Day with new hair exhibit at Kent State University
- Kent State University and Ideastream to move forward with operating partnership
- $5 million in grants awarded to 27 Ohio universities, colleges for security upgrades
- 3News Investigates: Hazing statistics from Ohio's college campuses
- Summit County investigation criticizes Hudson mayor for 'reckless' comments about controversial writing prompt book
- Kent State University announces COVID-19 vaccine requirement for all students and non-union employees