AKRON, Ohio — A Summit County Common Pleas Court has sentenced Eddie Dukes Jr., 63, of Akron to life in prison for raping a young family member.
Summit County Prosecutor Sherri Bevan Walsh announced the sentence today after Judge Christine Croce handed it down in court on Tuesday.
The counts he was found guilty on include:
- Two Counts of Rape (victim under 13) – Felonies of the 1st Degree
- Two Counts of Gross Sexual Imposition – Felonies of the 3rd Degree
Dukes will be eligible for parole after serving 25 years in prison.
The charges are in relation to an incident in June of 2021 where Dukes sexually assaulted a family member at a relatives' home at which he was living.
- 'Make their loss of life matter': Uvalde native Matthew McConaughey gives impassioned White House plea
- LeBron James Family Foundation to build new medical care center in Akron
- Pro Football Hall of Fame to host USFL playoff doubleheader with concert from country music star Trace Adkins
- 16-year-old boy shot in Akron; police say he flagged down vehicle asking for help
- UH Portage Medical Center receives $1 million for new Breast Health Center