LORAIN, Ohio — Police in Lorain have announced that two suspects have been arrested for the fatal shooting of a man on Monday morning.
According to reports, Lorain police officers were called to a residence in the 700 block of W. 21st Street for a shooting at 7:10 a.m. When they arrived, officers found the resident, 32-year-old Arthur McLemore, had sustaned multiple gunshot wounds.
McLemore was taken by LifeCare ambulance to Lorain Mercy Hospital where he succumbed to his wounds and was pronounced dead.
Detectives determined that 33-year-old Tremayne Wallace was the person who fatally shot McLemore. Wallace was taken into custody on the city's west side and charged with McLemore's murder. He is currently in the Lorain County Jail.
A second person has also been arrested in the case. Police took 33-year-old Donnise Atkins into custody on Monday evening and charged her with obstructing justice. Atkins had called 911 to report that McLemore had been shot.
Additional charges on both Wallace and Atkins will be forwarded to the Lorain County Prosecutor for their consideration.
If you have any information about this incident, please contact Det. Chris Colon or Det. Jim Connell at the Lorain Police Detective Bureau at 440-204-2105.
- Cleveland Catholic school teacher arrested for sending sexually explicit messages to undercover officer posing as teen
- Mother, two children injured during drive-by shooting in Strongsville near Docere Spa
- Two men arrested in connection to mysterious explosions in Geauga County
- Uber driver carjacked Sunday morning in Parma
- Gov. Mike DeWine renews push for distracted driving crackdown in Ohio