LORAIN, Ohio — Lorain police have taken a suspect into custody after a shooting outside a gas station on Wednesday.
According to reports, police were called to a BP gas station at 28th Street and Broadway at around 5:00 p.m. for a report of a man who had been shot. When officers arrived, they found 30-year-old Tyrone White of Lorain, who had been shot in the torso. White was transported to Lorain Mercy Hospital with what were called 'life-threatening injuries.'
During their investigation, Lorain police identified 23-year-old Xavier-Williams Wilkins as the suspect. He was located on the city's west side and arrested on charges of felonious assault. Additional charges are being considered.
Police say that the investigation into this incident is still active. Anyone with additional information on this shooting is asked to call Lorain Police at 440-204-2105.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- Lorain County sheriff's deputy dies following 'medical emergency' while on duty
- Person of interest in Lorain murder investigation turns himself in
- Police: 3 dead after 2 separate homicides Saturday in Lorain
- Woman charged with killing Cleveland police officer Shane Bartek faces judge in unrelated arson case
- US Marshals arrest suspect in 2020 murder of Akron's Na'Kia Crawford