CLEVELAND — Editor's Note: The above video is from a previously published story about crime in Cleveland
The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating the fatal shooting of a man who was found in a bus shelter in Ohio City.
According to reports, officers were called to the area of W. 28th Street and Washington Avenue at around 3:35 a.m. Saturday morning. A man was found shot inside of a bus shelter and there were no witnesses at the scene.
EMS took the victim to MetroHealth Medical Center where he was confined and pronounced dead at approximately 5 a.m. The man's identity has not yet been released.
Homicide detectives responded to the scene and have begun an investigation. At this time, police officials say no arrests have been made and little information is available.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Cleveland Divsion of Police's homicide investigators at 216-623-5464. Anonymous information can be provided by calling Crimestoppers at 216-25-CRIME. A cash reward of up to $5,000.00 may be available.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- Cleveland police: Man fatally shot on city's east side while helping driver push overheated car
- Cuyahoga County corrections officer identified as victim in Thursday afternoon murder-suicide in Cleveland
- Crews pull body from waters off Edgewater Beach
- Cleveland Police arrest 9 teens after large fight at John F. Kennedy High School
- Man killed in Canton shooting early Friday morning
- As crime rises in Cleveland, what can be done to stop the violence?
- City of Cleveland issues reminder of rules for Muni Lot ahead of Browns' home opener