SHAKER HEIGHTS, Ohio — A 24-year-old Cleveland Heights man has died following a late-night shooting in Shaker Heights.
Authorities tell 3News it was around 10:10 p.m. Tuesday when a 24-year-old man from Shaker Heights called police to report he shot his roommate at an address in the 2900 block of Van Aken Boulevard.
Upon their arrival, authorities say they found the victim with a gunshot wound and arrested the suspect in connection with the incident. The suspect remains held as authorities consult with the prosecuting attorney.
The victim was taken to the hospital, but police say he has since died from his injuries. His name has not yet been released.
No additional details were immediately available, but stay with 3News as we will update this story once more information is released.
- Akron police release photos of suspect wanted in ambush shooting at Circle K
- Man arrested, charged with assaulting Cedar Point employee after alleged groping
- Trial continues in excessive force case of Euclid Police Officer Michael Amiott
- Wellington police release bodycam video of officer shooting man
- Bond set at $400,000 for man charged in deadly hit-and-run that killed 3-year-old girl riding bike in Cleveland
- 2 teenagers die, 1 injured after late-night shooting in Cleveland
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated crime story on July 24, 2022.