AUBURN TOWNSHIP, Ohio — A 23-year-old man is dead following an early-morning crash in Geauga County that authorities say was the result of a hit-and-run.
According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, Tyler Davis was driving his Honda Pioneer utility vehicle northbound on Munn Road in Auburn Township when he was hit from behind by another vehicle around 12:30 a.m. Monday. The Pioneer went off the west side of the road and was ejected from his seat, and after sustaining "life-threatening injuries" eventually died at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center.
Based on "evidence from the scene," state troopers identified the suspect car as a 2005 Buick Lacrosse, and officials say they located it at an unspecified residence. The suspect driver's name has not been released, but OSHP says charges are "pending."
The incident remains under investigation.
- Euclid man sentenced in deadly July crash that killed his fiancée, hurt kids
- ‘A Christmas Story’ House goes up for sale in Cleveland: See the listing
- Owner of 'A Christmas Story' House reacts after putting property up for sale in Cleveland: 'Piece of nostalgic Americana'
- Union workers from Amherst's Nordson Corporation go on strike
- Cleveland Police Deputy Chief Annie Todd relishing new role: Game Changers interview with 3News' Dave Chudowsky