CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio — A man is dead and another was injured following a shooting at Cleveland Heights' Denison Park early Tuesday evening.
Cleveland Heights police report that 25-year-old Jeremiah Moore died of a single gunshot wound to the torso. The second victim was shot in the shoulder and is currently hospitalized.
Officials say the incident occurred at the basketball court near Monticello and South Belvoir Boulevards. Two apparent suspects were later seen fleeing the area, but no arrests have been made at this time. Police say they have identifed one of the two suspects.
Police do not believe the shooting was a random act, adding they think the assailants and victims knew each other. Detectives are currently following up on leads in what is being called "an active investigation."
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to immediately call the Cleveland Heights Police Department at (216) 291-4987.
- Mayfield City Schools employee arrested for alleged misconduct toward students
- 13-year-old girl taken to UH Rainbow Babies & Children's in critical condition after being shot 3 times
- Return to work change could increase risk of kids left in hot cars
- University Hospitals doctor says another COVID-19 surge is 'highly unlikely'
- Lordstown Motors warns it may not stay in business for another year
- Browns chief of staff Callie Brownson pleads no contest to OVI in Brunswick
- VERIFY: Yes, Amazon Sidewalk can make your Wi-Fi network more susceptible to a hack
- MAGNET launches new effort to train local workers in manufacturing
- Child care centers worried as Ohio Senate prepares to vote on funding program
- Following Memorial Day microphone cutoff, second Hudson American Legion official steps down