MENTOR, Ohio — A man was shot in the arm outside of a hotel in Mentor Wednesday morning.
According to Mentor Police, Mentor safety forces responded to a report of a shooting in the parking lot of a hotel on Emerald Court shortly after 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
Per police, a 30-year-old male from out of state was staying at the hotel along with an unknown male companion. The man said that he was sitting in his vehicle in the parking lot when he was targeted by two males in a white sedan who opened fire on him, striking the vehicle several times and wounding the victim in his left arm. The victim proceeded to drive through several other parking lots before entering a local business and declaring that he had been wounded.
Mentor Police and Fire arrived on scene, secured the area and treated the victim. Both the suspects and the companion fled the scene prior to the police's arrival.
Police shared a photo of the suspect vehicle from a nearby business.
The victim was transported to a local hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries. Mentor Police will continue to interview the victim, whose identity is currently being withheld as the investigation remains ongoing.
More local coverage from WKYC:
- Bryan Adams and Joan Jett coming to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland
- How to vote for your favorite 2023 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction nominees: Fan ballot opens
- GUIDE: Events in 2023 celebrating Black History Month in Northeast Ohio
- FORECAST | Sunshine and cold temps
- Black History Month in Northeast Ohio: Tracking the origins at Kent State University
- How to make sure your pet's teeth are healthy: National Pet Dental Health Month
- Lorain County EMA advises schools to close on day of April 2024 total solar eclipse
- Akron Fire Department: Apartment fire kills 1, injures 3
- Ohio US Sen. JD Vance endorses Donald Trump in 2024 presidential election
- Former Niles doctor pleads guilty to illegally prescribing opioids, admits to sex acts with patients
- Bay Village firefighter on vacation helps rescue first responder during storm in Hawaii
- Warrensville Heights police seeking information on shooting that left a woman dead
- Mental health targeted in Gov. Mike DeWine's budget proposal
- Pizza oven dispute in Cleveland Heights goes to trial: Couple alleges 'intolerable smoke and