GREEN, Ohio — The Summit County Sheriff's Office is investigating a homicide that occurred Sunday night in the city of Green.
Deputies and city firefighters responded to Raber Road around 7 p.m., and a man was found unresponsive with a gunshot wound in his abdomen. The victim, a 45-year old from Akron, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives are still searching for more details surrounding the shooting and the motives that caused it, but the suspect has been identified as 40-year-old Jeffrey J. Peasley, of Navarre. An arrest warrant has been issued charging Peasley with murder.
Those who have any information on Peasley's whereabouts are encouraged to call the Summit County Sheriff's Office at (330)-643-2181. At this time, Peasley is believed to be "armed and dangerous."
- Cleveland’s Columbus Day Parade returns to Little Italy
- Show us your fall fun/pumpkin patch pictures from the weekend!
- VOTE NOW: Cast your ballots for WKYC.com's High School Football Game of the Week!
- Gov. Mike DeWine visits Richmond Heights Secondary School
- Salvation Army kicks off giving season with 75 days until Christmas: How you can help make a difference
- Dr. Fauci says fine to trick-or-treat this year
- After canceling nearly 2,000 weekend flights, Southwest issues continue Monday
- Columbus Day: What's closed / open in Northeast Ohio
- City Club of Cleveland to host mayoral debate between Justin Bibb and Kevin Kelley tonight
- McDonald's will be offering free breakfast to teachers and staff this week